Saturday 3 March 2012

MUSIC..

Music will play an important part in to the putting together of my film. It needs to have the right amount of energy and beat to create the correct atmosphere. Even though lyrics play an important part to a song, I am not worrying too much about this area of a song that I will chose. I don't want anything cliche.
I have asked a few people as to what songs they think I should use, and a few of them have said, 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera, and 'Dude looks like a Lady' by Aerosmith. I think these songs are too obvious for the theme I am doing.
I have thought about music since the beginning and haven't really came across anything that grabbed my attention, until we were hanging out with the model who will be performing in my project played this song on Youtube. Everything about was perfect, except the lyrics, as they do not exactly link to the theme of my styling. The more and more I heard the less I listened to the lyrics, and I mainly focused on the tracks beat which is what I wanted to get perfect to suit my stop motion filming techniques, and this suited.

Until We Bleed- Kleer up feat Lykke Li

The track starts slow, as does my plan shooting storyboard, then it gets a bit heavier and more in to it, and then at the end there are no lyrics, and this is where I am planning on putting an over voice of the model explaining how he feels whilst wearing make up. This I have not yet precisely got a definite answer for, in the style of how I want it and what he will be saying.

The song is about love being their drug, this relates to my video as his love is make up, and it's not

Lyrics:
The black writing shows how this song could link to Dennis and his passion for make up and dresses.
I'm naked
I'm numb
I'm stupid
I'm staying
And if Cupid's got a gun, then he's shootin'
This verse talks about her not feeling herself...linking to Dennis to not being happy at home.

Lights black
Heads bang
You're my drug
We live it
You're drunk, you need it
Real love, I'll give it
Dressing up as a girl gives Dennis that something he need so make him happy, in a sense it is his drug.

So we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts
He still dresses up even though some people do not think it is acceptable or normal, and this makes him feel sad

You wasted your times
On my heart
You've burned
And if bridges gotta fall, then you'll fall, too


Doors slam
Lights black
You're gone
Come back
Stay gone
Stay clean
I need you to need me
This represents when Dennis is being forced to not dress up, and his Dad banishes him from reading Vogue, watching Little Britain, dressing up, and seeing his female friend, Lisa who's idea it was to go to school dressed as a French exchange girl.

So we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts
He still dresses up even though some people do not think it is acceptable or normal, and this makes him feel sad
Again, 

Now we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts
This expresses that he won't stop dressing up as a girl, even though it may cause hurt for some people
Even though this song is not aimed at young children, like Dennis, it fits in well with the adult audience, and the comedy aspect towards the novel/ performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment