Saturday 17 March 2012

ITS A HAND THING..


Nails:


This photograph gave me the idea to paint the nails of the male model, originally I was not going to do this, however, I think it will add to the drag look, and to show that the boy has thought about every aspect in to making himself look like a woman. I also like like the styling of the two colours as it really draws the attention to them. I don't think this is something I will look in to doing as the nails is not something I want to stand out too much.




I looked further in to the idea of painting the models nails, which lead me to thinking about long fake nails, like in the picture above. However, after some thought I felt this may be to drag like, whereas I am creating the idea that the boy is styling himself and doesn't know exactly what to do. I feel fake nails is a step too far and will create the idea that the boy knows what he is doing.




I like this image as it gives a sense of innocence with the use of feminine colours, hand posture and costume style jewelry which is a characteristic I am wanting to portray in my video. Costume jewelry is a great way of creating the idea that someone is dressing up which would work well with the styling of my video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment