Wednesday 22 February 2012

DAPHNE GUINESS..


Performance in the Barneys New York Windows



“There is a commercial side to fashion that is needed, but there are these crossover moments that do become art. I hope it works, and I don’t faint.” - Guiness


Dress: Alexander McQueenLocation: Barneys, New York


My tutor told me to research Guiness in one of our tutorial meetings, as she said this will inspire me towards the designing of my film. And she was right. Even though I expected a bit more from her, I still found it quite exciting, and at the same time a bit strange and not really understanding the idea behind it. 
To promote her collaboration collection with Barneys.
Whilst behind the frosted glass she elegantly dances with scarves, it was at this moment that I thought I would change the Ballet performance to a Contemporary dance piece as this is more up to date with trends and theatre performances.
I think I would like to see this piece in her eyes as she looks at herself in the mirror undressing the garment wrapped around her head. This also, like Gareth Pugh's make up athon made me want to film my video from the perspective of the mirror and what the subject is seeing through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment