Tuesday 28 February 2012

MAIN INSPIRATION..



VIDEOS




This Video of Gareth Pugh is my main focus of inspiration to the creating of my viral advertisement. This video gave me the basis idea of my video. I want to film me doing the make up of the boy in the dress on the model , and whilst doing this interviewing the model... this i will go in to further detail at a later point.
Alex box  designed the make- up looks and directed Pugh as to how to apply the make- up. I like this idea however, I want this project to showcase my make up skills and not how I teach someone else how to apply it. This is what gave me the idea to film me applying the make up.


As previously mentioned, I was given the idea of stop motion, which is a technique used in this video, which I think makes the video more interesting and it cuts out a lot of the unnecessary parts of the video. If this was not done, the video would probably be too long and boring. Referring to my viral advert, i think this will be great as i do not want it to be too long, as this will bore the audience.


COPIES




Here is someone creating their own video on a how to create a specific look by yourself. This one however does not look as professional as Pugh's, this is due to the lighting, back drop, positioning of the camera and the application of the make up. I need and want mine to look professional as this will show that the performance is too of a professional standard.








Here is an example of a 'how to' video which involves both the stylist and the model applying the desired look. This is a good idea, however I think its not the right strategy for my video, and it is also quite long winded which may bore the audience.


IN DRAG




Even though my look may not end up looking like drag, it has been a great inspiration to the designing of my look, as I will be applying make up to a male model, in order to make him look like a woman. This is a video which I especially liked, as it looked realistic.


I recently came across Tamang Phan who makes herself who does tutorials of different make up looks and posts them on YouTube. I found them really interesting and exciting as it shows how different people can look with the correct usage of make up, here are a few images which were my favourite.


This Phan without make up






Phan looking like Angelina Jolie


Inspired by Lady Gaga


Phan as Michael Jackson


Phan as Jonny Depp


Phan as Mona Lisa
All these images have a sense of humour to them which is look that I am going for. I think this is why I really liked her work and found it to be great inspiration. I particularly like her design of Michael Jackson, as it is similar to my ideas with the idea of swopping genders.

No comments:

Post a Comment