Thursday 23 February 2012

MAKE UP IDEAS..

CHARACTERISTIC > Smudged

These following images will represent the idea that it is a 12 year old boy who is applying the make up and not knowing how to put the make up on properly..

> Inspiration


This is one of the first images that appeared on my search after searching 'smudged make up.' I was immediately drawn to it from the contrast of colours.. the dark background, pale face and bright red lipstick. This contrasting look in definitely a technique which would be suitable for my designs and shooting styles.


When I saw this photo, i immediately thought of a child being left with some paint unsupervised. Initially I thought it was great inspiration towards my designing. However, throughout the book, The young boy refers to Vogue and his inspiration, so this lead me to think that he would have an idea as to where to apply the make up. Also, I think the 12 year old boy would be more aware of what he was doing, as this image looks as tough a 5year old could have done it.





I like the use of the white face paint to create a doll like image, which is an idea i could use for my designs due to the child only being 12 years old and using children's dolls as an inspiration to his styling. However, this is not mentioned in the book, instead he looks at magazines such as Vogue to get inspiration from. I also like the thickly applied pink blusher which has been roughly applied. If this was a technique I was going to use it could imply that he is getting overly excited and can not stop applying the make up as he is having fun, but also that he is not really sure as of how much to apply to his cheek.




This is probably my favourite image so far regarding the look i am wanting to create, this is because there is a look of professionalism and preciseness to how the lipstick has been applied, which is something I think would be great for my designs.



I chose this image as one to get some inspiration from as it creates a sense that she is not sure herself what she is doing when applying the make up, as it appears as though she is applying the lipstick with her finger as apposed to using a brush pr the lip stick. I also like the dark eyes which are too roughly applied, however the use of colouring creates a dark and mysterious image which is not something I am wanting to design.



MY DESIGN > Idea 1.


Description >
Foundation lighter than the models skin tone (representing an adolescent look. This will also enhance the brighter colours)
Pink blusher thickly applied (child unaware as to how much and wear specifically to apply product, but has watched Mother)
Smeared yellow eye shadow along upper eyelid crease (unaware as to where to put the eyeshadow, also thickly applied due to excitement and exhilaration)
Little mascara (again unsure)
Bright red lipstick smeared over the lips trailing on to the side of the mouth (in excitement lipstick slips)





Bright lips adhering to the trends of spring summer 2012. Also a bright colour attracting the audience.
The idea of the rollers in the hair is to portray that he used to watch his Mum get ready, and is now copying her when he dresses up as a girl.


The bow represents the boys young age, as young girls tend to wear boys in their hair. It is also a trend of last year by Lady Gaga who wore a bow made of hair.

This is the simplest design and is the most daily worn make up, with foundation, eyeliner and lipstick. This is my least favourite design as i don't feel it will interest or gain viewers as its not original nor exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment