Sunday 22 April 2012

REFLECTION.. footage

I made notes to remind me of what order I needed to do things on the video. I found this really helped, as I often forgot what I wanted to do next as there a lot of steps in order to create the stop motion.
I also gave a copy of this to the model, so he could see where an when he had to do specific things. I also directed him through the film which I will edit out.


I think the filming went well and George was a great model and did everything I asked of him and put 100% in to it. He also gave me opinions along the way which great to have someone else's input during the filming process.
I had trouble with the lighting at the beginning, trying to get the correct amount of light on the model using two light sources. These had to be at the correct heights to light up his face and his chest.


Overall, I am really happy with the filming, however, I am not looking forward to the many hours of cutting out parts of the video I don't want. All together I think I filmed nearly 1.30hours which is a lot more than I expected. This will be beneficial as it will give me a wider choice of footage.


Looking back at the footage, I think I could have made the lighting better, as at some points during the footage there are lighter areas, and in other places there are darker areas. This does however help to create the idea that it is a homemade footage by a 12 year old boy.
I also noticed that a few times my shadows appears on the model's face. I am hoping I can edit all these out and not have to use any in my final edit.


I wanted to put the whole video up on here so everyone could see how I got the footage, unfortunately the file was too big as there was over 1hr 30mins of footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment